Allowing XRAI access to your logs will help expedite the troubleshooting process.
Sending diagnostics for transcriptions streamed on XRAI Glass app
To give access to a transcription session made on Android, send diagnostics from the XRAI Glass mobile app.
Note: By sending the diagnostic information, you consent to XRAI to access your logs
- Please follow the steps below if you are noticing issues such as subtitle delays of 2+ seconds or longer, subtitles not appearing, app is not performing as intended, etc.
- Please note the date/time/time zone when you start these steps below.
- While the subtitles are going or once you've pressed the Mic icon to start, please ahead and go into settings, without stopping the session.
- On the upper right corner inside Settings, note the Version level, tap on this at least 7 times when a prompt will appear to ask you if you want to expand Developer Settings. Please go ahead and enable this.
- Scroll down towards the bottom to see Log Level
- Change it to Debug and it will auto-save
- Click on the Back arrow
- Continue to speak/capture the subtitles for about a minute or longer.
- Stop Subtitles and Save the transcript. Note the time/time zone on this.
- Then export transcript and email this to firstname.lastname@example.org with these steps here.
- Please do let us know when you've emailed it so we can locate it by emailing email@example.com.
- Go back into Settings
- Scroll down to Developer Settings and Change Log level back to Warning
- Scroll back up to the top of the Settings page
- Tap on the Version area 7 times to close up the Developer Settings
We will be in touch once we've evaluated the logs.